Angela is a middle school science teacher in Portland, Oregon and she teaches students aged 13-14, in 8th Grade (UK = Year 9). Angela talks a little about her background, what got her into teaching, and the district in which she teaches, which is one of great diversity. She describes the sudden switch to distant learning last March as, “We were not just flying the plane as we were still building it, we were designing the plane, building it, and trying to fly it in the sky at the same time” We talk about many of the challenges that she has faced as a teacher, with many responsibilities (Angela is a mother of 2 children) in addition to teaching her students; and the challenges faced by the students and how some have become disengaged.
GET WEDO TODAY!
- Digital Media and the Remote Workforce
- Female-founded Wedo Smashes Glass Ceiling With $3 Million Raised
- Various Entrepreneurs From Around The World Tell Stories Behind Their Success & Accomplishments
- Women Leading The Finance Industry: Indiana Gregg of ‘Wedo’ On The 5 Things You Should Do To Increase Your Financial Literacy
- Personal and Team Well-Being