Select Page

Getting verified in Singapore

We need to verify your identity before you make a transfer in Singapore dollars (SGD) or open a balance in Singapore. It’s how we keep your money safe and comply with regulations.

There are 2 ways to get verified: Singpass or uploading documents.

How do I get verified using Singpass?

Myinfo is Singapore Government e-service that allows Singpass (Singapore Personal Access) users to easily pre-fill forms. It’ll use Singpass to access the personal details we need to confirm your identity.

We’ll only request the personal details we need, and we’ll need your permission to access them.

Who can get verified using Singpass?

Valid Singpass account holders

Who’s eligible for Singpass?

  • Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident
  • Employment Pass and Personalised Employment Pass holders
  • EntrePass holders
  • S-Pass holders
  • Dependant Pass holders (of EP, PEP, EntrePass and S-Pass holders)
  • Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) holders
  • Long Term Visit Pass holders
  • Selected Work Permit Holders who require Singpass to access government digital services. Visit WPOL Enquiry Service to check your status.

Why should I use Singpass? If you’re eligible, you can use Myinfo to verify your Singpass details in about 1 minute. You also won’t have to upload any extra documents.

What if I’m an Employment Pass holder? You can use Myinfo to verify your identity with Singpass. But you’ll still need to upload a proof of address.

What documents do you need if I choose to upload them?

National identification

We’ll always need a scan of either your passport or identity card (Pink/Blue NRIC) – we can’t accept driver’s licences.

Account purpose

We need to know how you’re planning to use Wedo. 

Proof of address

A proof of address is a document that’s issued to you within the last 3 months, showing your residential address.

What information does my proof of address need to have?

  • Your name and address, matching the information on your Wedo account
  • Date of issue; this should be within the past 3 months
  • A logo, or clear name of the issuer

What types of documents can I use?

  • Bank or credit card statement
  • Utility bill: gas, electricity, or phone (for mobile phone bills we only accept Singtel, M1, StarHub, or MyRepublic)
  • Tax bill
  • Vehicle registration or vehicle tax
  • Your photo driving licence showing your address
  • Employment letter (from Singapore incorporated companies only)
  • Any other government or financial institution issued document