How to pay by bank transfer
First, you’ll need to set up your transfer on Wedo. Then, you’ll need to exit your Wedo account, and pay by bank transfer directly through your bank. You can do this either:
- Online, through your online banking
- Over the phone, with your telephone banking
- Or in person, at a bank branch.
Here’s a step by step guide with a bit more detail.
1. Set up your transfer on Wedo
Set up your transfer: Choose how much you’re sending, and enter your recipient’s bank details.
2. Choose bank transfer at the payment step
When you get to the payment step, choose bank transfer. This will bring up Wedo’s bank account details, as well as a reference. Make a note of these — you’ll need them to pay with bank transfer through your bank.
3. Leave your Wedo account, and pay by bank transfer directly through your bank
Important: To make sure that your transfer isn’t delayed, please double check that:
- The name on your bank account matches the name on your Wedo account — if the names don’t match, we won’t be able to process your transfer. We can’t accept your deposit if you use someone else’s bank account with power of attorney to fund your transfer. But if you have a joint bank account, please see here.
- You’ve included the reference correctly — this helps us identify your deposit and proceed with your transfer.
- You enter the exact amount you’re sending with Wedo: Paying more or less could delay your transfer.
If you’re making a bank transfer from a UK bank, which is under the limit set by your bank, you may also see an option called Log in and approve. This is a faster and easier way of making an online bank transfer. If you choose that option, you’ll need to enter your online banking details, pick which account you’d like to pay from, and click approve. And that’s it. We do the rest.
4. You’re all done. Wait for confirmation
We’ll send you an email as soon as your money arrives in Wedo’s bank account. Then, we’ll convert it and pay it out to your recipient.