Select Page

I don’t have the documents you asked for

We know that it’s not always easy to get certain forms of ID. So we try our best to flexible.

In this article, we’ll let you know what kinds of ID we accept around the world, as well as what to do if you have refugee status.

Verifying your identity

You can verify your identity with a good quality copy of your ID. We accept:

  • the photo page from your passport for international travel. We can’t accept internal passports, like those in Russia or Ukraine
  • driver’s licence — unless you’re a New Zealand resident sending from NZD
  • national ID card (we only accept the most recent version of the Nigerian national ID card)

Tip: We can’t accept bank cards as ID

For some currencies, there are different rules.

Sending from NZD

If you live in New Zealand and send from NZD we need to verify your identity and address. We don’t accept driver’s licence (including foreign and NZ driver’s licence) or Kiwi Access Card as identity documents.

Sending from JPY

Your ID must be issued by Japan and we’ll also ask for your My Number document.

Sending from BRL

Your ID must be issued by the Brazilian government. You can also verify your identity with a national identity (RG) card.

If you’re a refugee, you may be able to use Wedo

We know that it’s hard for people with refugee status to open a bank account. But if you originate from, or have settled in any of the countries below, we can verify you with the following documents:

The US

  • Passport photo page
  • State identification card or driver’s license
  • Permanent resident card (also called a green card)
  • Form I-766 Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also called a work permit

Tip: We can’t accept green cards or work permits if your address is in Nevada, Hawaii, the Mariana Islands, or the Virgin Islands.


  • Passport
  • Canadian refugee travel document
  • Permanent resident card

A country in the EU or EEA

  • Alien’s passport photo page
  • Travel document
  • ID from an EEA member country, like a passport or ID card, that states your refugee status

Tip: If you’re a stateless person, the NY Convention of 28th September 1954 gives you the legal right to an alien’s passport. And under the Geneva Convention of 28th July, 1951, you have the right to a travel document.

What if my ID isn’t listed

If you don’t have any of the documents above, we won’t be able to verify you. That means we might need to limit the services we offer you as well.

We can sometimes make exceptions, depending on the country you’re in. For more details, please get in touch with our team.